ENERGYWISE™ is EECA's consumer programme that provides information and funding for householders so they can make the most of energy efficiency, energy conservation and renewable energy.
Through ENERGYWISE™ we aim to:
- Explain the benefits of energy efficiency, energy conservation and renewable energy
- Motivate people to take action
- Show householders and consumers how to take action easily.
Why have an ENERGYWISE™ programme?
EECA research shows there is a lack of information for the public on energy efficiency, energy conservation and renewable energy. This lack of information is a major barrier to the uptake of energy efficiency. The ENERGYWISE™ information programme targets this gap.
What do New Zealanders get from the ENERGYWISE™ programme?
The ENERGYWISE™ information programme provides:
- General home energy efficiency information
- Information on government funding available for home insulation retrofits, clean heat and other energy efficiency solutions
- Information to help consumers improve their energy choices (for example, purchasing and running home appliances)
- Information on energy labeling schemes, such as ENERGY STAR®.