Light emitting diodes (LEDs)
$15 - $60 per bulb.
- Use up to 80% less energy than standard incandescent light bulbs for the same light output
- A lifetime of at least 15,000 hours, around 15 times longer than a standard incandescent light bulb
- Look for the ENERGY STAR® to find the most energy efficient, best performing LEDs
Keep in mind
- If you want to use LEDs with dimmer switches, check the packaging to make sure you choose a model that suits dimmable light fixtures
- Most LEDs only go up to a 75W standard incandescent light bulbs equivalent, although there are a few new products available that go up to 100W equivalent
Where to buy them
Easily available at most DIY outlets and specialty lighting stores, usually available at supermarkets and variety stores.
Want help finding the right one?
Use the efficient lighting tool to help you find the right LED for your fitting.