About this site
- Site owner
- Social media moderation policy
- Questions and complaints
- Contact details
This is site is owned and maintained by the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA).
Material featured on this site is subject to copyright protection unless otherwise indicated. The copyright protected material may be reproduced free of charge for personal use without requiring specific permission. This is subject to the material being reproduced accurately and not being used in a misleading context. Requests and enquiries concerning the reproduction of information on this website for any purpose other than personal use, or the use of scripts or codes, requires permission from the Communications Team at EECA, National Office.
The permission to reproduce copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
You may browse and access information contained within this website without providing any personal information. Where you voluntarily provide personal information (e.g. through online forms or email requests), we will only use that information for the purpose for which it was intended and to communicate with you.
We will keep any such information secure and will not disclose it to any third parties. To view any personal information held by us, or if you have any concerns about personal information that we hold and wish to request its correction, you can email us or write to us.
Like most websites, we collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve our website. This information is used for no other purpose and all users are anonymous and not personally identifiable. We collect information on:
- IP addresses
- search terms
- pages accessed and links clicked
- dates and times of visits
- the immediate previous site visited
- operating systems (eg Windows, Mac)
- web browsers
The information provided on this website includes general information about the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority, the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority's functions and activities, and general guidance. This website also includes information that has been provided by, or based on information that has been provided by partners of our voluntary programmes.
By using this website you accept the following disclaimers:
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority has taken every reasonable step to maintain current and accurate information on this website. However, no guarantee is made as to the currency or accuracy of information;
- the contents of this website should not be construed as legal or investment advice. Before relying on any information in this website users should independently verify its relevance for their purposes;
- if you have questions about a particular product or service, please contact the relevant manufacturer, distributor, or retailer to confirm the details of the product you are interested in;
- the information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements;
- to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority will not be liable to you nor to any third party whether in contract, tort, equity or otherwise whether by itself or by any employee, agent, contractor or representative for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly arise out of or in connection with this website or use of or reliance on any information contained on or referred to in this website or for any error, omission, inadequacy, incompleteness or corruption of any information or any virus, Trojan horse or other damaging software;
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority does not implicitly or impliedly endorse any website, organisation, or people who have off-site links to the EECA's website;
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking is for convenience only and should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and has no control over availability of the linked pages; and
- the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.
We welcome your comments and encourage discussion on our social media pages and will join conversations when appropriate, but we reserve the right to moderate content and remove any posts which are considered offensive or inappropriate; or which violate copyright or other legislation. This includes content that may be considered spam or which is blatantly commercial (advertising products or services). Anyone repeatedly violating our guidelines may be blocked from our pages.
Moderation will usually take place within office hours. (Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 5:00 pm)
Please note that these social networking sites are public and searchable on the internet. For your own security and privacy, please do not share any personal or sensitive information when posting or commenting on our pages. Please do not post photos or videos of people without their consent.
Comments and other content posted by users do not necessarily represent the views of the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority, ENERGYWISE or EECA BUSINESS - nor do we officially endorse any external links appearing on our pages.
Thank you for following us.
The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority is committed to delivering first class services. If you think we are not meeting this standard we would like to hear from you so we can put right your complaint and to improve our services.
How to ask a question or make a complaint
You can telephone, email or write to us.
We ask for your contact details so we can respond directly to you. However if you wish to make a complaint anonymously it will be treated with the same level of importance.
How long will it take?
We will endeavour to answer your question or complaint immediately. If we need to work with others to resolve your complaint it may take longer. You will always be advised in writing when your complaint has been received.
All questions and complaints are taken seriously and handled with immediate priority. We will ensure you are treated with respect and in a professional manner.
You can telephone, email or write to us.