Installation funding

Insulation funding

Grants are available for ceiling and underfloor insulation through Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes for low-income owner-occupiers and tenants.

Look at the information below to find out if you are eligible for this funding.

You may qualify for a grant if:
  • the house was built before the year 2000, and
  • you own and occupy the home and have a Community Services Card, or
  • you are a landlord and your named tenant has a Community Services Card.
Grants are also available for low-income households and tenants with high health needs if:
  • your income is just above Community Services Card level and you have high health needs related to cold, damp housing, or
  • you are referred by the Ministry of Health's Healthy Homes programme.

Properties owned by a Government agency do not qualify for the programme.

To register your interest in the programme and find out if you qualify, contact an insulation service provider in your area.

 Service providers with funding through Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes

Other payment options

Some local councils and banks have payment options available to help with the cost of installing insulation and heating.

 Payment options available through councils and banks