Insulation installers

Use a qualified professional to install or upgrade your insulation, as even small installation faults can compromise its performance or create safety hazards.

Choosing an insulation installer

We recommend using a trained professional installer who:

  • works to the New Zealand insulation installation Standard NZS 4246:2016;
  • has completed the insulation installer training of the Insulation Association of New Zealand (IAONZ).

 New Zealand Standard for installing insulation

Shop around to get more than one quote, so you can compare prices.

Insulation installers in your area

Enter your region in the search box below to find a list of insulation installers on

Yellow logo

Installing insulation yourself

If you’re considering the DIY approach, everything you need to know about installing insulation is in the New Zealand Standard NZS 4246:2016 Installing insulation in residential buildings.

As with all DIY projects, there are safety considerations. Make sure you read and follow the Health and Safety advice in Appendix B. If you're not sure, get a professional to install the insulation for you.

 New Zealand Standard for installing insulation (NZS 4246:2016)

Funding for insulation

The Warmer Kiwi Homes programme offers funding towards ceiling and underfloor insulation for low-income home owners.

 Funding for insulation

Other payment options

If you don’t qualify for insulation funding, there are payment options with local councils and banks that can help with the cost, either by adding it to your rates or as a mortgage top up.

 Payment options for insulation and heating

Contact us with questions or concerns

If you have questions or concerns about the insulation or service provided under an EECA project, you should contact your service provider first to see if they can resolve your issue. You can ask for your post installation audit, which the company signs to say your home has been insulated to required standards. If you still aren’t satisfied, or you’d like an independent opinion, fill out our concerns form.

 Registering concerns about a service or provider