How far can an EV go?
An electric vehicle can easily meet most people’s daily driving needs.
To go further on a single charge
- Fully charge your EV before you set off.
- Warm up the interior before you unplug the EV.
- Inflate tyres to the right pressure.
- Drive smoothly at a steady speed.
- Be aware that cold weather reduces an EV’s range, particularly if heaters and demisters are used.
- Remove any heavy luggage or accessories (such as roof racks) you don’t need.
Plan for long-distance drives
If you’re driving beyond your EV’s battery capacity in one go, plan a route with a public charger at regular intervals. Websites and apps help you do this by showing you the location of public charging stations, whether they’re in working order, and the type of connectors they use.